A permanent chaplaincy served by the Benedictines was established in North Craven at Lawkland Hall c. 1650. It continued until the first Catholic chapel opened in Upper Settle in 1864. This was succeeded by a larger church at the top of Albert Hill in 1883. In 1922 a site was purchased in Craven Terrace with a view to building a new church in a more central location with easier access. A parish hall was erected here in 1960 and in 1974 this building was extended and linked to a new presbytery, to a design by J. H. Langtry-Langton. The present church contains stained glass windows and Stations of the Cross transferred from the original building.
Please click here for
Please click here for Taking Stock: Catholic Churches of England & Wales (The 'Taking Stock' initiative began in 2005 and aims to assess the historical and architectural importance of every Catholic church and chapel within a diocese. The project is a partnership between the Patrimony Committee of the Bishops’ Conference, English Heritage and individual dioceses. It is part-funded by English Heritage.)